Monday, July 2, 2012

Heavenly Hydrangeas and Area Rugs

Strange title for a post, I know, but I think my brain has gone into summer mode! I love hydrangeas - must go back to my memories of growing up on Long Island and seeing these everywhere.  They would line grey weathered fences and cedar shakes of many beach cottages.  I'm so glad they are finally blooming.  Although in these pictures, they are blooming faster on the east side of our house than the west side. I'm also waiting for two other varieties that we have to bloom - I'll save that post for another day:)  The variety below is called "Endless Summer", and they bloom for the whole season.  I do sprinkle a product called Hydra Blue (aluminum sulfate) so that the blooms are blue.  I hear coffee grinds work just as well though. They like acidic soil.

east side


west side ~ almost!

When we moved in last September, we purchased some area rugs to protect the floor and we were in a hurry, as a certain brown fur was using our entry as a "slip 'n slide"!  Now that we've been here for a while, I found some rugs that I think will last a little longer.  The one below is from West Elm.  I like the pop of yellow color in the kitchen.



The runner for the hallway, mudroom, and front area are a natural sisal material.  This hallway leads to our mudroom.


front entryway
This past weekend was spent doing some yard work, mowing, trimming and swimming!  The latest heatwave has made it a challenge to keep everything alive.  We plan to have some family over for the 4th of July, so we'll be getting ready for that.  

Happy  Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment