Thursday, February 23, 2012

A New Read

One of my secret dreams is to own, work, ok, just walk through a bookstore.  Not one of those huge bookstores, but one like this.  We are so lucky to have this here where we live.  For me, there's just a sense of "calm" when I walk through and look at all the titles, smell the candles.....a little slice of heaven if you ask me!  I have a sony reader, but it's just not the same...no offense to kindle owners and such, but I like turning the pages, and highlighting, and earmarking the chapter I left off on....weird, I know.  I think of Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan (why do they keep coming into my brain?) in that movie, "You've Got Mail" - the "Little Shop Around the Corner".  There's just something about wandering through and finding a title that grabs your attention, and then meeting characters that can take you to a new destination - dreamy for sure!  Anyway, this is my latest read:



I finally finished the one on the bottom "Remarkable Creatures", and that was very interesting.  I hope to finish this latest, and then go see the movie.  The last book I read where the movie was as good as the book, was "The Help".  I hope I'm not disappointed - don't ya hate it when that happens?
Anyway, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I read The Help and just devoured every word. I loved it so much! I thought that they left some pretty important things out of the movie. Just the same it was a great movie. You've Got Mail is my all time favorite! :) I hope you enjoy your new read! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved the book The Help as well. It was such a quick read because I didn't want to put it down:)

      Delete