Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012 - leftovers and other things!

One of the best parts about hosting a holiday is the food you have leftover...now sometimes I will admit that's not the greatest.  There's only so many ways to prepare the same food over and over.

But this was not the case this time.

delicious cream cheese potatoes

marshmallow salad

For the cream cheese potatoes:

Peel and cube 10-12 small to medium yukon gold potatoes
4 oz. cream cheese
2 cups of sour cream
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup milk

Boil the potatoes, add a little salt to flavor, for about 20-30 minutes or until you can put a fork easily through them.



Gradually add the remaining ingredients until blended together.  The best part about these is that you prepare them the day ahead. Then, you put them in the oven on 325 degrees for about 30 minutes until bubbly ~ delicious!





I included a picture of this gadget because I truly do not like peeling potatoes...this saves your knuckles and fingernails (I know...gross...but genius!!).  I purchased it at Williams Sonoma and I believe it was under $10.00....worth it if you ask me!

Now for the marshmallow salad:



I just realized these pictures should probably be switched around, but nonetheless...
you combine:

2 cans of mandarin oranges
1 can of pineapple chunks
1 pint of sour cream
1 cup of shredded coconut
1 - 2 cups of marshmallows

Again, prepare this the day before...you want all the ingredients to blend together overnight.

Add these side dishes with a salad and some leftover pork roast - delicious!

On another note....

We should get in touch with the kid inside of all of us more often. I decided to hide Easter eggs outside on the farm.  The weather was perfect and I'm not sure who had more fun...the kids or Citylogger and I watching them:)





Champ was all over this game - he's a hunter by nature:)  Hope your Easter was a good one.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment