Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mini Kitchen Garden

I've been wanting to do this for a while and the time has come - a mini kitchen garden! Citylogger and I were out and about running errands and I came across this at Home Depot.  We were considering building a box, but when we saw this, and the price....well, it hopped into the cart and asked if it could come home with us!


We added some gravel to the bottom, for drainage.  There's a patio below this so we didn't want mud!

Lined this with a weed preventer fabric.

And voila!  A little basil, cilantro, parsley, sage, and cherry tomatoes.  I am so excited about this.  I'll keep you posted as to how it does as summer goes by. We had a larger garden at our other house when our kids were small.  It was some work, but so fun for the kids to be a part of!  I'd love to plant something bigger here, but we have many furry creatures that would love to eat these all day.  This is up on the back deck, so it should do well. What are you growing?




No comments:

Post a Comment