Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

What a beautiful day this turned out to be ~ good company, good food, good times!  If you told me that on this day I would be living here, grilling, canoeing, and fishing on our own pond....well, I am pretty sure that I wouldn't believe you ~ so grateful and so glad we were all able to be together.

Dan and Sarah enjoying our new toy ~ love seeing these two:


Andy and Kristen's birthday gift for Tom ~ Andy carved that table out of a cherry tree that fell on our property - I'll post better pics of that another time, but it's beautiful!  We keep moving it around the house because it looks great wherever we put it - thank you Team Fuest:)


Enjoying some clams on the grill and some salads. Kristen made a taco salad and layered it in a pretty dish - maybe she will post the recipe sometime but it was a big hit!



After eating, it was time for more fun, as we took turns taking family members for rides on the trails.


Meanwhile, down at the pond, there was some serious fishing going on ~ wait till you see what Kristen caught!


I can't believe the size of the pike that we have - makes me think I never want to fall out of the canoe!


We let them go, but look at this guy:)


Way to go Kristen!


Kristen teaching Monica how to cast.


Norbert taking a turn.


Then Michael had a bite.



They look prehistoric, I tell ya!


Sarah had her turn as well:)



Don't know what these two were laughing at, but it doesn't matter - just seeing everyone have a good time was enough for me.


I hope you had a good weekend, and I hope it was memorable.

Thank you readers for taking time out of your day to stop by and share what we think is a little slice of heaven.

Have a great week:)

2 comments:

  1. mom! so glad you got a picture of that MONSTER! i still can't believe it! freaked me right out. if i EVER fall out of that canoe you can bet i will be screaming bloody murder until someone comes to rescue me.

    had such a great time yesterday! :)

    love,
    your favorite daughter

    ReplyDelete